Latest News

Check out our Latest News!

Back to Latest News

S106 Agreements

When you bring forward a large development, there is often a need for contributions to be made via a S106 Agreement. These can include for example affordable housing provision, education contributions or Public Open Space provision.  The need, level and type of contribution will vary depending on the Authority and the scheme submitted. 


Rob Duncan Planning Consultancy can assist with negotiations of S106 Agreements ensuring that you fulfill the relevant policy tests, and that the Local Authority is not asking for more than they should.  We can also provide comment on draft S106 Obligations once these are prepared.  If you have a scheme and you are unsure whether S106 contributions will be required, contact Rob Duncan Planning Consultancy as we can undertake a local policy review to ascertain whether such contributions are likely to be required, and what their level might be.


In time it is anticipated that the S106 provisions will be replaced by the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), but with few Council’s currently taking the opportunity to introduce CIL, the current arrangements are likely to remain for the foreseeable future. 


Rob Duncan Planning Consultancy provides specialist town and country planning advice to landowners, householders and developer’s alike, and specialises in the West Midlands and Staffordshire area, including Lichfield, Walsall, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Burton-on-Trent, Stafford, Tamworth, Leek, and the rural areas inbetween.  If you need help applying for planning permission, have had planning permission refused, or just want some general planning advice, please do not hesitate to contact us. 


Back to Latest News